Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pomp and Circumstance...

I think not...Danny and I graduated December 17th. After the huge event on the 16th, my parents made the comment, "Wow, that felt like General Conference". There was no traditional Pomp and Circumstance song, there was no clapping, there was no shouting or congratulating or encouraging us for the future. It was General Conference. The president of the Unversity, Brother Clark started off by explaining to everyone that there will be no clapping or shouting or congratulating. Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve spoke, to be honest I quit listening. It was about how we will influence people everywhere we go. Ya I've been taught that since I was three so I tuned out. Our VP of the University, Brother Eyring, (President Eyring's son) spoke as well. That was a good talk. Still not so much encouragement as warning. I had a grand total of 3 friends who were graduating, Celina, Sarah, and of course Hubs.

I'm sure my parents and his parents have better pictures, but this is what I have to work with from our Ipod Touch. Sorry. However, we are DONE! For now. At least two more years are calling out for D, where you ask? NO CLUE! The world is at our hands.

1 comment: