Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gum...you are my arch enemy

Have you ever wondered what life would be like with children?
I don't have to wonder, we have the same mishaps, mess-ups, and mayhem, with just the two of us as we would with children. Chicken hunting, cow, chasing, hog slaughtering, house keeping, school work, redoing a bathroom, and yes even laundry. Chicken hunting takes time patience, and a keen eye. Cow chasing takes brains, agility, and the ability to know where the cow is going before they move, hog slaughtering just hurts because they are your children, house keeping of two students, employees, and fun people, impossible. School work=too busy, you help me with this, I'll help you with that. Bathroom? Well that is self-explanatory. And laundry. I do not mind doing laundry. Even when Danny and I were dating I did his laundry. Thats the first time it happened. I opened the dryer, a strong scent of speariment whaffed through the house. "DAAAAANNNYYYYY" Gum! All over your clothes! You got to empty your pockets. Married life hits. And this past month I have had to goo gone gum out of the dryer twice. Danny always says, Sometimes I forget to empty them out. So you need to double check. Well He was being nice and put a load of laundry in. I go to take it from the washer to dryer and when I open the washer, what do I smell??!?!??! SPEARMENT! Ohhh did I scream! I made Danny come in, and tell me what was wrong with this picture. GUM EVERYWHERE! He says, why didn't you check my pockets, and I lovingly retort, YOU PUT THIS LOAD IN!!!!! Well endless teasing occured. But a lesson learned? Probably not. Why have kids, I have a husband.

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAHAHAHA! all too familiar! however, i've learned to ALWAYS check Kacey's pockets... because if I don't, there will be ink all over the washer and dryer that does not come out for a month... thus ruining all our clothes. OR I will have to deal with the sound of change rattleing around in my washer and dryer. Take a little lesson from me... the Husband never learns :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the last line.. I think it has great potential for t-shirts... bumper stickers... license plate covers... crosstitched pillows... LOVE IT! You should put him on time out next time.

    ReplyDelete